Business Links (and online shops)
This information is provided in good faith for the benefit of members and others. The Knitting & Crochet Guild does not necessarily recommend the individuals or organisations listed here and cannot accept any responsibility for any consequences of any dealings anyone contacting them may have.
If you would like your details to be listed here, please complete the attached form and return it to Susannah.
Members of the Knitting & Crochet Guild
Some of our members run their own businesses and offer products and services which will be of interest to the wider craft community.
- Aldersign Designs for patterns, yarn and knit & crochet kits
- Ann Kingstone for patterns, books and tutorials
- Belinda Harris-Reid for patterns, yarn and The Knitting Hotel
- Blacker Yarns 100% pure, natural yarn from the UK
- Bredons Silver Reed knitting machines, and Silver Reed service and repairs also Brother and Passap/Pfaff (parts permitting)
- Cecilie Telle for handmade knit and felted items using British Wool
- Cotton Pod for Drops yarn and haberdashery
- Crochet Design includes the International Diploma in Crochet
- Elton Vale Yarns for machine knitting yarns
- Handspun Exotics for workshops and courses in spinning, knitting & tatting
- Iinouiio recycle fibres in Yorkshire: hand/machine knit/ weaving/craft yarn.
- Janie Crow for kits, crochet along, hooks, needles and accessories
- Knitting for All Guild member Maggie South runs sessions in Pulborough & Billingshurst you can see further details here
- Remember When Wool Market, Town Hall, Coleshill - 2nd Friday of each month (excepting September when the date is 20th) 9am till 2pm call Kim on 01827 874 488
- The Knitter's Yarn for workshops and online supplies
- Thread of Life all things crochet
- Uppingham Yarns yarns for hand and machine knitting
- willowknits for Yarn Club and more and follow the blog
- Woolistheanswer specialists in hand dyed caked yarn - Marie has offered a 10% discount to Guild members which is valid throughout the whole shop. Members can follow this link to find out the code.
- Wonderfully Woollywith a Facebook page selling a variety of yarns. Emily is offering Guild members 10% off when shopping at her online shop.
- Workaid knitting machines and a source of spare parts and accessories and some yarn. Contact Judi by email
The following have worked with or support the Knitting & Crochet Guild in a variety of ways.
- baa ram ewe - items from the Guild's Collection were loaned for displays at the Harrogate branch of Baa Ram Ewe as part of Yorkshire Wool Week.
- Coats plc - we have permission to copy pattern leaflets as a special benefit for Guild members.
- Rowan - designers from Rowan have visited the Guild's Collection of textile and publications and have commissioned articles from the Collections Team for Rowan Knitting and Crochet Magazine. If you missed it, do read about the major article in Rowan 55 which featured the Guild collection.
- Stitchtopia - are kindly offering a discount for KCG members on several knitting holidays.
- Yarn Stories - have invited the Guild to help them with a competition they launched in May 2015 to create an original blanket. The winners have been announced and the blanket pattern went on sale at the Knitting & Stitching Show at Ally Pally in October 2015 the pattern with yarn is available by following this link
- Thomas B Ramsden - we have permission to copy patterns leaflets as a special benefit for Guild members.
- IKnit - supported the Guild by giving us a free stand at their IKnit Fandango at the Royal Horticultural Halls in May 2015
- Not for profit, craft website Raggie-Aggie has recently been set up. Crafters donate items to be sold and net income is shared between Cancer Research, Macmillan & The Eve Appeal.
Twisted Thread: Upper Street Events is a leading organiser of events and exhibitions in the UK and Ireland, with special emphasis on craft-related shows, including the Knitting and Stitching Shows in Dublin, Harrogate and London. Because the Guild is a national charity they have offered free stands for the Guild displays at London and Harrogate.