Education is one of the key aims of the Knitting & Crochet Guild.
We share knowledge through local activities for members and others in our network of branches and at the home of our Collection at Lee Mills. We run workshops and taster sessions at major craft exhibitions and events throughout the country.
The Guild's members together possess a vast collective knowledge, practice and expertise about the crafts of knitting and crochet which they willingly share with other members and those who are keen to learn.
We share a wide range of information on this site about the crafts: -
- The Origins of Hand Knitting a brief summary of conclusions of Richard Rutt from his definitive book "A History of Hand Knitting",
- Museums and other places of interest where you can learn more about our knitting and crochet heritage
- Details of other Guilds, groups, businesses and other organisations who share our love of the craft
- Lists of Courses, tuition and workshops
- Learn to Knit – first steps in knitting
- Learn to Crochet – first steps in crochet
- Machine Knitting – a machine knitting primer
- Lace Knitting – history, techniques and a selection of lace patterns to try
- Find out more about designing - taking measurements, garment shapes & sizing
- Top Tips
- Some help when Things go Wrong
- Details of member's interests & blogs
Opportunities to see our Collection
Take part in workshops
Listen to talks