Benefits of joining the Knitting & Crochet Guild
- Our quarterly journal, Slipknot, is published in March, June, September & December each year, which includes authoritative articles written by members on techniques, special projects, our Collection and Guild events, book reviews, news of what’s happening in our branches, visits to exhibitions and shows of interest to our knitting and crochet community. Members can also view some past copies online. If you wish to contribute a piece to the next edition, please contact the editor using the contact form.
- Across the Needlebed is an online publication mainly for machine knitters available only to members. Always a good read, it contains hints and tips, examples of work and many other aids to improving your machine knitting. Hand knitters and crocheters also find that many of the articles also apply to their crafts. If you wish to contribute a piece to the next edition, please contact the editor using the contact form.
- Quarterly mail newsletter by email.
- Access to free patterns from the Guild’s extensive archive, some available for dowload, others on request from our Collections Team using our contact form.
- Opportunities to visit our Collection at Britannia Mill.
- Reduced charges for members at Collection Open Days.
- Branch meetings where you can develop your knitting & crochet skills, with like-minded enthusiasts and expert practitioners who nurture those who are keen to learn.
- Discounts on charges at some Branch meetings.
- Member-only access to our AGM and Annual Convention with workshops and other activities.
- Member-only access to videoed talks and special discounts.
Why not join us?
If you like what you see, it is easy and inexpensive to join us online, by post or by phone.
Offers and discounts for members
From time to time we can give additional benefits through the offers and discounts we have negotiated on behalf of members.
Yarn shop members Threads Wool Shop – Dunbarton & Wool n Stuff – Wakefield offer discounts for members and we hope more will be added in the coming months, check our local yarn shop page for the current deals.