Our primary goal is to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and personalised experience while using our website. This requires the collection and retention of personal data by way of cookies.
We take appropriate measures to ensure that any personal data is kept secure and retained for the duration of your use of our services.
www.kcguild.org.uk contains links to and from other websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
If your personal details change you may update them by contacting us directly at the email below.
You are entitled to ask for a copy of any personal data that we hold about you, and to have any inaccuracies in your personal data corrected.
The Knitting & Crochet Guild does not collect, sell, rent or otherwise distribute email addresses or any other personal information to other organisations. We will only use your personal data to enable us to provide the services relevant to you and to alert you to any product and service changes, updated information or for administration and marketing purposes.
In the event you do not wish us to use your personal data for administration and marketing purposes, please advise us of your desire to be removed from our database.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
1. Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.kcguild.org.uk. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use certain elements of our site, subscribing to our services, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Knitting & Crochet Guild, and when you report a problem with our site
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence
- From time to time we may also invite you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you are under no obligation to respond to them
- You can access the site homepage and browse the site without disclosing personal information. We collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns to help us identify things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of our site. We collect this information in a way which does not identify anyone
- We moderate submitted comments for compliance with our terms and conditions but do not collect the content of any comments that you have posted.
2. Cookies and IP Addresses
Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. We use a number of different cookies on our site. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. If you do not know what cookies are, or how to control or delete them, then we recommend you visit www.aboutcookies.org for detailed guidance. Cookies enable us to:
- Conduct transactions on our site
- Estimate our audience size and usage pattern
- Store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests
- Speed up your searches
- Recognise you when you return to our site
- The following cookies are used on and created by this site (we do not include the details of 3rd party cookies as their naming is out of our control):
|csrftoken||S||This is a security measure. Each page is assigned a unique token. It’s to prevent this security vulnerability:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-site_request_forgery|
* - Session cookie
For more information on the cookies set by Google Analytics please go to:code.google.com/apis/analytics/docs/concepts/gaConceptsCookies.html
The information generated by the cookie about your use of our site will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of our site, compiling reports on website activity and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf.
Google undertakes not to associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
Google Inc are also members of the US Safe Harbor Scheme. Companies that sign up to this scheme are deemed to provide adequate protection for personal data which has been transmitted to them from Europe. Google Inc's registration is atsafeharbor.export.gov/companyinfo.aspx?id=10543.
To find out more about cookies, including how to control and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org, or to opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
3. Where we store your personal data
In addition, if you place your personal information on publicly available parts of our site, this will be accessible to people in countries outside of the EEA. Such countries may not have data protection laws as comprehensive as those that exist within the EEA.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
4. Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you (where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes)
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- To allow you to participate in any interactive features of our services, if you choose to do so
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- To notify you about changes to our service
5. Disclosure of your information
We will only disclose your personal information to third parties for the following actions:
- In order to fulfil any order for goods or services
- To enable us to provide maintenance, engineering or troubleshooting services to you in connection with goods or services supplied to you
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
- If Knitting & Crochet Guild or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of Knitting & Crochet Guild, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
6. Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes.
Our site contains links to and from the websites of our partner networks, affiliates and other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
7. Access to information
The General Data Protection Regulation gives you the right to access information held about you. You can find out what information we hold about you by making a Subject Access Request under the General Data Protection Regulation. If we hold personal information about you we will give you a description of it, tell you why we are holding it and let you have a copy of it.
8. Updating or amending information
If any of the personal information that we hold about you is incorrect or needs updating, or if you want us to delete any personal information, please contact us. We may request that you provide further information and identification to enable us to comply with this request.
This policy was last updated on 23.05.2018.
Contact: The Secretary at our Registered Office address or by Email