Publications for members
Managing your membership
The Knitting & Crochet Guild has members throughout the UK and we have a small but growing international following.
You don’t have to be an expert to join us, we welcome members at all skill levels. Indeed you might not be actively participating in these crafts at the present time, just caring about their heritage, or their creative and therapeutic potential are enough reasons to join us.
Although living in the UK makes it easier to attend our events, we encourage people in other countries to join us. Find out what it means to be a member and receive benefits which include:
- Our quarterly journal, Slipknot, written by and for members
- A quarterly email newsletter
- Access to free downloadable patterns from the Guild’s archive
- Opportunities to visit our Collection at Britannia Mill for regular open days
- Local branch meetings where you can develop your knitting & crochet skills, with like-minded enthusiasts and expert practitioners who nurture those who are keen to learn
- Attending our Annual Convention & AGM with workshops and other activities held in a different region each year
Our members come from a wide variety of backgrounds with all sorts of interests. Some members collect memorabilia or recreate historic items; some have written books on various aspects of knitting and crochet; some also teach and demonstrate at our workshops, others just enjoy developing their skills and trying out new techniques. However the one thing you can be certain of is that you will meet people with a shared passion for these crafts and have access to vast amounts of experience, knowledge, advice, help and, most importantly, friendship.
If you would link to join us, you can join online or by post – details are on our “Join us” page.